Take Norma Godinho’s quiz to find out how much you know about sport.
IMAGE: Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, two of the finest batsmen currently in world cricket. Photograph: PTI Photo
Just click on the right option.
Ready, steady, go:
1. Pakistan beat India by a massive 180 runs to win the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy on the back of impressive performances by opening batsman Fakhar Zaman and a three-wicket burst by pacer Mohammad Aamir.
None of India’s batsman made a notable performance, save one, who scored a quick-fire 50 before getting run out. Name the batsman.
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
2. Yuvraj Singh
3. Hardik Pandya
2. FC Barcelona’s legendary ‘Holy Trinity’ — Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta — were products of the club’s youth academy. Name this famous football school please.
1. La Fábrica
2. SESA Football Academy
3. La Masia
3. Only the third French player to play in the NBA, this point guard won four NBA Championships with the San Antonio Spurs and was the NBA Finals MVP in 2007. He was once married to actress Eva Longoria. Name this famous Spurs No 9.
1. Pau Gasol
2. Tony Parker
3. Shaquille O’Neal
4. Who captained the Indian team that beat Pakistan to win the first Asia Cup in the UAE in 1984?
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Krishnamachari Srikkanth
3. Dilip Vengsarkar
5. In the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup, the Rahul Dravid-led Indian cricket team won only one match in the group stage before getting knocked out of the tournament. Which team did India beat?
6. In February, World No 1 Novak Djokovic beat Austrian Dominic Thiem to win his 8th Australian Open title and 17th Grand Slam. Who did Djokovic beat when he won his first Australian Open title back in 2008?
1. Jo-Wilfred Tsonga
2. Roger Federer
3. Gael Monfils
7. This is one of India’s oldest and most successful football clubs with 4 NFL/I-League titles and 13 Federation Cup triumphs. Name the club.
1. East Bengal
2. Mohun Bagan
8. With over 6,000 runs to her name, Mithali Raj is the highest scorer in women’s cricket. Name the lady cricketer with the most wickets.
1. Ellyse Perry
2. Lisa Sthalekar
3. Jhulan Goswami
9. Which team did Sachin Tendulkar play his last ODI match against?
1. West Indies
10. A season after David Beckham moved to Real Madrid, Alex Ferguson brought this 18 year old to Manchester United from Everton. Name the player.
1. Michael Owen
2. Wayne Rooney
3. Michael Carrick